TULSA – In spring of 2021, FC Tulsa became the first club in the USL Championship to launch its very own ticket sales academy. The one-of-a-kind program is an initiative designed to give students in Tulsa a hands-on experience in the world of professional sports while also allowing them to earn commission on their sales.
Emmanuel Frye, a recent graduate of Oral Roberts University, was one of the inaugural members of the Academy. Emmanuel graduated in May of 2021 and recently started a full-time ticket sales job with the Nashville Predators. Read below for a Q & A with Emmanuel regarding his time with FC Tulsa and his new job.
How did your experience with the FC Tulsa Ticket Academy prepare you for getting a full time job in pro sports?
1. The Ticket Sales Academy prepared me to get a full time job in sports by giving me hands on experience about what a front office does on the business side of sports.
What will you take away from your experience with FC Tulsa?
2. What I will take away from my experience with FC Tulsa will be the family friendly environment. Starting with president James Cannon all the way down to the interns, everyone has that family vibe.
What would you say to others thinking about joining FC Tulsa's Ticket Academy?
3. I would say to anyone who is thinking about joining the sales academy to dive in head first. I had my initial assumptions about ticket sales until I started my internship. Once I started gaining experience, I realized this is something I enjoy doing.
How did the job with the Preds come about? What's your official title? When do you start?
4. The job with the Predators came about when I was networking on LinkedIn. I reached out to Nat Harden who is the VP of ticket sales for the Predators and we set up a zoom meeting. My official title is Sales Associate. My start date for the job is June 2nd.
Did your time with FC Tulsa help you land the Preds job?
5. My time with FC Tulsa 100% helped me land the predators job. The fact that I had sales experience really made me an ideal candidate for the position.
What are you most excited about working in Nashville with the Predators?
6. I am really excited to connect with the fans of Nashville. The Nashville Predators have some of the most loyal fans and I am pumped to be a part of Smashville.