skip navigation

Tulsa Roughnecks FC Re-Sign Marlon to Multiyear Contract

By Tulsa Roughnecks FC, 11/22/19, 9:45AM CST

Share

Brazilian scored five goals in nine appearances in 2019 season

TULSA – One of Tulsa’s most dynamic attacking threats will be back in 2020. Tulsa Roughnecks FC announced on Friday that it has re-signed forward Marlon dos Santos Prazeres to a multiyear contract, pending league and federation approval. 

Despite making just nine appearances, all starts, for Tulsa towards the end of last season, Marlon scored five goals and added three assists. The 24-year-old from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil was initially signed in August and immediately provided a boost to the lineup. In Marlon’s nine matches, Tulsa went 4-3-2, the team’s best stretch of the 2019 season. 

“We told our fans earlier in the week that we are committed to keeping our best talent in Tulsa, and I am excited that we have proven that with Marlon,” said Tulsa Roughnecks FC owner Ryan Craft. “He was electric in his brief stint in 2019, and we hope fans are are as thrilled as we are for him to return in 2020.”

Prior to joining Tulsa, Marlon played in the lower professional leagues in Brazil from 2015-2019. Tulsa head coach Michael Nsien discovered the young forward and brought him to the U.S. to provide the spark that changed the course of the season for Roughnecks FC.

“Having Marlon returning to our club is a powerful statement of our intentions this next season,” said Nsien. “We have retained a player who will be one of the most dangerous attacking players in the league. With a preseason under his belt and some familiarity with the league, along with top players in support, Marlon should have a breakout year. I’m looking forward to his contributions of goals and assists as well as the flair and passion he brings to the team.”

Marlon is the first player to be named to Tulsa’s 2020 roster. More 2020 roster announcements will be made in the coming days.