Tulsa is home to one of the most robust youth soccer markets in the United States. With this in mind, FC Tulsa has made the decision to not participate in the USL Academy league, and instead is working with each local youth club in the Tulsa area to establish a pipeline for the best local talent in Tulsa to become professional.
FC Tulsa does not work exclusively with any Tulsa area youth club, and instead works with every local youth club to identify all capable players. We will utilize the Academy Contract roster mechanism to allow the best local youth players to experience being a part of FC Tulsa’s pro roster, while maintaining their amateur eligibility.
The club has already graduated its first Academy contracted player to a Professional contract! Midfielder Ciaran Winters joined FC Tulsa in 2020 on an Academy Contract and his hard work with the club earned him a paid Professional Contract at the end of the 2020 season.
See Below for How You Can be the Next Local FC Tulsa Success Story!
DETAILS ABOUT FC TULSA’S PATHWAY TO PRO
How does the Pathway to Pro process begin?
- Player is scouted and identified by a local youth club Director of Coaching or official FC Tulsa Scout.
- Player’s Director of Coaching makes an official recommendation to FC Tulsa.
- If determined that the club elects to move forward after a thorough evaluation, the Player is invited to go on trial with FC Tulsa.
- Player is asked to continue with their current club until the end of their season, or until FC Tulsa signs the Player.
- FC Tulsa will work with the Player to determine appropriate next steps.
Who is eligible to sign an Academy Contract?
- Player is under the age of 21 at the official start date of the regular season.
- Player has not competed for any college or university soccer program or been registered as a professional soccer player, as defined by FIFA.
- Player has previously played for a team which conducts its activities within FC Tulsa’s franchise territory or previously played for a team which has documented affiliation for FC Tulsa.
What are FC Tulsa’s expectations for Academy players?
- Players will train every day in the morning at FC Tulsa training facility with the first team.
- Players are well-recognized as having an impact on their youth squads at the national/regional levels of competition.
- Players agree to adhere to all FC Tulsa First Team policies and procedures related to on-field and off-field professionalism.
- Player should come highly recommended by the youth club’s Director of Coaching and/or official FC Tulsa designated Scout.
- Player has not signed or participated in a college program.
- Players will not be allowed to participate in high school athletics. Any participation as a player with a quality youth club will need to be approved by FC Tulsa’s Technical Staff as part of the player’s Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Player should be committed to additional team and individual training regimen outside of regular First Team Training as part of the player’s IDP.
- Player should have their own transportation to and from training.
- If player is signed by FC Tulsa to an Academy Contract, there is no cost for participation. This is a fully funded program by FC Tulsa.